Monday, 26 July 2010

I Did It ! ! !

What - you might say???  Something I seriously have an aversion to - cutting out.  But thanks to this freebie image from Sassy Cheryl's and this week's Sassy Cheryl's challenge no 21 Cut It Out, I have another card for my stash!!  And another thing, I used backing paper that is 3 years old!!!  Sorry, but I do love using exclamation marks.  This is also being entered in this week's 2S4Y - Laura's Sketch No 57 - I have turned the sketch on its side for the challenge and my colours qualify this as an entry into A Pocket Full of Posies Challenge no 3 this week too.  Wow, one card, three challenges.  Yipee!!!


OK, so the card looks a bit bare.....  But I promise you, in my hand it sparkles when I turn it.  The backing paper is from a DCWV glitter stack and it also has tiny areas of clear embossing so I didn't want to hide it with too many embellishments.  Maybe when it comes to being used I might add some punched-out daisies.

Card Recipe:
  • Sassy Cheryl's freebie image - thank you Cheryl.  Check out the store here
  • Backing paper, as mentioned above, is at least 3 years in my craft stash and is by DCWV
  • White 'bubbles' created using a Cuttlebug embossing folder on white pearlescent card

11 comments:

Cheryl said...

This is ADORABLE! Such a sweet, innocent image and you did an amazing job with it! Love it.

alina said...

I love it, Jenny, wonderful job! Thank you for joining us at Sassy Cheryl's!
Hugs, Alina

Ayelet {Jenny} said...

Hi Jenny! I love using them as well lol!
Adorable card! Thank you for joining us over at PFOP and Good Luck! X

jkreucher said...

This is such a sweet card.. your cutting out if perfect.
it is always such a fun look.
thanks for joining us in the Sassy Cheryl's challenge this week.
Judy

Flip-Flop Creations said...

Cute B-day card :) That is such a sweet image. ~jeni

Ann English said...

Well, this is one cute birthday card! Thank you for joining us this week at Sassy Cheryls. Join us tomorrow for a really special challenge!

Linda C said...

Cute sweet card and I love exclamation points too! I like the classic look of the card with or without flower embellishments!

Laura Davis said...

Adorable!
Thanks for playing at 2S4Y!
Laura

The Wired Angel said...

I love exclamations marks!!! Can you tell?!! And I love your entry for this week's challenge at Sassy Cheryl's. Thanks so much for joining us in our "Cut it Out" challenge. Hugs, Peggy x

Regina (TheStampin'Bean) said...

Your coloring is really wonderful. What an adorable image and I love how you changed up the sketch!

Sue Lelli said...

In person is ALWAYS better! She is so FAB! Love it!