Monday, 26 July 2010

Keeping it Local

I made this card to join in the fortnightly challenge Under the Sea at My Partner in Crafting Crime challenge blog.  We don't know one another but I think I live within 20 miles of the girls that run this challenge???  Anyway, this was my first time to be able to submit a card and what do you know - I used a take on the Mojo Monday 149 sketch for my layout.  So, one card, two challenges - I'm so happy about that.


Card Recipe: 
  • Patterned backing paper is from a DCWV stack that I've had for over 3 years.
  • The mermaid image was a freebie from Pollycraft Designs.  Check out the shop and challenges here.
  • I used a peel-off for the sentiment.
  • The 'pearls' were created with 'Pearly Stuff' by Woodware.  I found this in my stash during a tidy up and I can't even remember buying it!!  It's fabulous 'stuff' and look at the effect in a few short dabs on the card!!!

3 comments:

bosenberries said...

Dig the pearls and the mermaids funky hair!! Thanks so much for joining us at My Partner in Crafting Crime, Robin

JR Creations said...

Oh I am so blind, read Robs comment and I was thinking to myself, "Where are the pearls?" I'm such a blind fool! Fantastic idea! Love the holographic ribbon details too! Thanks for playing at My Partner in Crafting Crime! Hope we'll see ya again!

Jenny T.

JessicaLynn said...

Great card, I really love the colors that you picked for it.

I currently have blog candy on my blog come and take a look!

Jessica Lynn
http://jessicalynnoriginal.blogspot.com/