Thursday, 8 July 2010

A Summer Wedding - Exploding Box Card

I just can't believe that my Mojo has deserted me!!!!  Trying desperately to get it back again and it's only taking me hours of blog-hopping every evening after work to find it......  Here is a card for a lovely young couple getting married next week.  I use three wedding verses for the inside, add the details of the wedding to the middle of the card and the outside flap I usually leave space for a special hand-written message.  I tend to make 'girly' wedding cards and this one is no exception - with no less than 3 purple ribbons used inside and out.  This week's Sentimental Sunday's Challenge theme is: Celebrations!


So the picture above is the outside of the card, white base, silver lid and tied together with a sheer organza ribbon and tag with the couple's names.  All the fuss and excitement happens on the inside of the card here:


The actual cutting out of the shape takes hardly any time at all, it is all the cutting and sticking and colouring of all the inside pieces that takes most of the time.  I set up my DVD of 'Pride & Prejudice' on my computer while making this card last night, had the house to myself and spent the whole evening making the card and watch the movie - what a thoroughly enjoyable way to pass an evening - bliss!!!!

Card Recipe:
  • Two A4 sheets of white card stock for the base and one half an A4 sheet in another colour to make the lid
  • Two Hero Arts stamps were used for the inside flaps and were coloured using Promarkers
  • The sentiments are computer generated and were found on various websites that compile verses for card-makers to use on cards.

1 comment:

Joanna K said...

What an excellent idea, I love your project!!! Wouldn't mind a more detailed instructions, I'm quite eager to have a go myself ;) Ps. I love watching films when I craft, too! Thanks for sharing it with us at the Sentimental Sundays ;-)