Tuesday, 3 August 2010

Christmas Planner - My First Altered Item

Maybe I should say 'first decorated notebook' rather than 'altered item' ????  When I think of an 'altered item' I think empty matchstick boxes put to another use or empty coffee jars decorated so I am delighted to enter challenge # 23 over at Sassy Cheryl's Challenge Blog - Altered Notebooks!


Card Recipe
  • Cheap and cheerful jotter purchased at my local Tesco store for 49c
  • Red foiled & embossed card from stash
  • Ribbon purchased at a Michaels store in Vermont when I was there on hols in 2008 (Walmart and Michaels had me drooling over craft items - does anyone in the USA want to adopt me please??)
  • And last, but not least - the gorgeous pre-coloured image is from Sassy Cheryl's store

10 comments:

Janetlynne said...

Love it...

Country Chica said...

I hope you had fun decorating your first notebook! You did a fantastic job!

The Wired Angel said...

This is darling.. and your coloring is sensational. Thanks for joining us at Sassy Cheryl's challenge this week. Peggy x

Cheryl said...

Just beautiful! Love that you chose to use the colored image. You did an amazing job.

Stressed Stamper said...

Love it - and love the image - must have a go - great job

Cathy said...

You did a wonderful job for your first altered notebook. It turned out darling. Thanks for playing the Sassy Cheryl's Challenge this week.!!!

Ann English said...

This is FANTASTIC---if I saw his sitting on a shelf somewhere, I'd have to buy it!

Thank you for joining us at Sassy Cheryls this week!

Linda C said...

Great job! I have been wanting to use one of the colored images. I am so glad you did. The colors are so sharp and Ann is right, it would catch my eye on a shelf immediately.

Dotty Jo said...

This is gorgeous jenny, I love that image and the way you used the ribbon! Jo x

Deirdre said...

Jenny, just love this .... beautiful altered notebook.