Saturday, 25 September 2010

September Papertrey Blog Hop

Posting my photo first:

My favourite learned skill: adding ribbons.  I watch the Master at adding ribbon: Bekka Feeken on her blog Amazing Paper Grace.  I am amazed at all the ways she ties her bows and so neatly as well - my cards could never come close!!!!!

I am a new customer to Papertrey Ink having received my first order only three weeks ago but I do have all the Papertrey Ink designers on my 'favourites tab' for surfing the net so I am a constant visitor to all their blogs.  

The card I made was for a non-traditional wedding.  The couple were having a civil ceremony not a church wedding so I wasn't even sure if the bride was going to be wearing a wedding dress.  I am so delighted the way the card turned out - it looks so much better than the photo can do it justice for.  The 'just the ticket' die is 'TO DIE FOR' and it's the main reason I made up a decent order - I haven't played with the rest of the goodies yet.......

Card Recipe:
  • Backing paper is a download from Pink Petticoat
  • Tickets created with the Papertrey Ink 'Just the Ticket' die and stamp set
  • Other sentiments on card are computer generated

17 comments:

Karen C said...

What a great dramatic card with the striking black and white!

Leah said...

So excited to see this card b/c I am looking forward to getting that stamp set! So cute!!!!

Rhonda said...

I had not thought about the ticket for a wedding card. Great job.

Aimes said...

What a great card - I love your black tickets with the white embossing!
Hugs,
Aimes
x

Anne said...

Neat card for a nontraditional wedding!

Laura Isham said...

LOVE the color scheme. the pink bows make the card P-O-P!

Krista said...

LOVE the tickets in black withthe white! brilliant! will be trying for sure now!

Marge said...

What a fun card!!!

Kelly S. said...

Totally creative wedding card! Love the way you have the text, the tickets, and the bold black and white color scheme!

peggysue said...

Bekka Feeken is the ribbon master, is she not? What a sweet little card you've made so creative!

tfiskers said...

WOW! So cute and original! Love the use of just the ticket

Sue Lelli said...

LOVE how you used Just the Ticket! FAB card!!!

Shirl said...

Wow Jenny just found your blog and the black and white card is stunning. Wish I hadn't seen that die though because now I want it.
Shirley x x

Babies- Beth said...

Wow, that's a great wedding card! And your bows are just perfect!

Nerina said...

What a beautiful dramatic card! I love the softness of the ribbon in contrast to the striking black and white scheme!

Kristii said...

What a wonderful wedding card!!! I totally love the pink accents with the black!!!

Taheerah (*LittleMissT*) said...

I love this, so contemporary and classy, yet elegant and timeless at the same time! Love the colours and those lovely pink bow accents!