Monday, 20 December 2010

HO HO HO - Ready for Christmas

I sat down over the weekend to treat myself to some new digis and took some time to put some cards together with them.  I have a number of freebies collected from Tiddly Inks and thought it was about time I 'purchased' some of their other designs as a 'Thank You'.  This card is for a teenager so hopefully he won't think it too cute - fingers crossed.

I am very slow at colouring and take ages to select the colours as I'm not very confident in my choices.  The colour of the coat is actually a light denim blue and not grey as it looks in the photo - but I may actually colour this image in grey another time as I like the look of it in the photo.

I am just in time to enter this week's Tiddly Inks challenge - Let It Snow.  And it also qualifies for the Cut It Out challenge this week at Paper Sundae's.

Card Recipe:
  • Wine coloured base card from stash
  • Penguin backing paper is from a Dovecraft Christmas paper pad called 'Let It Snow'
  • Image was purchased from Tiddly Inks and coloured with Promarkers and Copics
  • A couple of punched snowflakes were added as well as part of a Stampin Up stamp, ie, the Santa Post postmark stamped onto Kraft.
  • Text is computer-generated

 

5 comments:

Christy/Tiddly Inks Digitals said...

Supe cute, Jenny...love it and I like the coat grey too...your coloring is great, so maybe slow is good. :)
Thanks for joining us this week. :)

mforquer said...

Oh this is beautiful!!! Glad you found time to shop the Tiddly Ink store too - aren't there too many cute ones!! Love this card and I think it's perfect for a boy!
Hugs
M

DonnaMundinger said...

Oh what a great card! I'll bet he'll love it. The sentiment is perfect! Thanks for joining us at Tiddly Inks! xxD

alicaz said...

Very nice! The image is cute and you don't need to worry about your coloring!
Thanks for joining us at Paper Sundaes this week and Happy Holidays!

Christine aka blankiefinder said...

Wonderful card, very cute. Thanks for joining us at Paper Sundaes. Happy New Year!