Sunday, 5 December 2010

Michelle Perkett Challenge - Make your own Background Paper

Loved the challenge this week because I have the background saved to use again sometime.  I created a text background from a freebie provided by Michelle months ago:


The picture was taken at night in very bad light and I had to hold it in one hand under the spotlights that I work with.  I wanted to be able to show the embossing detail of the snowmen.  I used Michelle's sentiment nine times to create a background and then I created a border of text on all four sides.  

Card Recipe:
  • Background paper created using a free digi stamp created my Michelle Perkett.  Thanks Michelle.  I stuck the paper to a navy-coloured base card.
  • I matted an embossed snowman scene onto silver card and attached it to the front of the card with foam pads.
  • The Christmas Tree is a die by Marianne Design - a recent purchase at a craft show in Belfast.
  • The sentiment is computer generated and cut out using a Stampin Up punch.

7 comments:

Claire said...

Wow, love love love your background! So clever!! Thanks for joining us at MPS and good luck :-)
Claire xx

Marion E. said...

What a fantastic idea with this background! Great job done!
Thanks for joining us at Michelle Perkett and I hope you join us again next week with a fabulous creation!
Hugs
Marion

Marilyn Webb said...

Hi,
What a great idea to create your background paper with an image and text, it's gorgeous. What a beautiful card. Thanks for joining us this week at MPS.
hugs Marilyn

Tammy said...

WOW I love the bg you created! Wonderful card!! Thank you for joining MPS this week!
Tammy x

Shelley said...

That is beautiful! What great paper. I love the embossed snowmen! Thanks for joining us at Michelle Perkett Studios! Shelley :)

Michelle said...

Wow, Jenny, this is gorgeous! How creative! I love your background paper with my love stamp! Such a lovely creation! Thank you for joining us at MPS!

Hugs,

Michelle

Berenice R. said...

So beautiful! :)