Sunday, 20 February 2011

Fussy and Fancy

I'm not totally in love with this card I made for the Papertrey Ink 'Make it Monday' challenge - Vellum Sentiment Strip:

For starters, it's not my usual style - I had a totally different card in mind when I began to put it together.  

Ok, so the challenge over at Capture the Moment was to use a vellum sentiment strip - mine is probably the 'shortest' sentiment strip!!!  I used a pretty tag stamp and then stamped a PTI sentiment from the 'On my Couch' stamp set by Lisa Johnson for PTI.  I had no vellum so I had to raid my baking press for greaseproof paper - boy was this difficult to work with cos it's so flimsy!!  

The 'let's chat' background was created using a square of baking parchment scrunched up, straightened out and distressed using Brushed Corduroy Distress Ink.  Then I stamped the sentiment lots of times in different directions.  I finished off with four stamped flowers coloured with Stormy Sky Distress Ink, a ring of tiny black punched flowers, a couple of punched borders and a gold ribbon.

I think the card is 'growing on me' the more I look at it.  Can't wait to see what tomorrow's Make it Monday challenge will be!!


3 comments:

Dotty Jo said...

It really is hard to rate a card when you go for a total change of style isn't it! Take it from me this one is lovely! Jo x

Deirdre said...

Love this Jenny, so fun.

Deirdre said...

There's a little something on my blog for you!