Sunday, 6 February 2011

Love is in the Air


I made this card with two challenges in mind. On a Monday I always check out the weekly challenge over at the Mojo Monday challenge blog and keep the sketch in mind during the week. Last night I started with the sketch by first choosing my backing papers, tearing them into shape, adhering them to backing card and then sticking little silver hearts to my fingers the card.

I left everything to dry overnight because I was stumped as to how I was going to finish the card.  Back to today, I needed to tidy my workspace in order to continue to craft and unearthed some mini envelopes and rosebuds and a 'sizzix' swirl that has been getting caught up in everything on my desk.  Lo and behold - a finished card!!!

The next challenge I wait for all week is the Sentimental Sundays one and this week's theme is 'Happy Valentine's Day' - yummy.

Card Recipe:
  • Blank white and silver holographic card from stash
  • Both backing papers are Pink Petticoat downloads
  • Tiny silver metallic hearts and red metallic hearts were purchased at a local supermarket from their 'Valentines' section - a snip at €1.40 for the pack.
  • Sentiment was originally a freebie at Raindrop Echo Designs or at the Sentimental Sundays blog - Ann please feel free to correct me!!

2 comments:

nicoleqmullen said...

Love what you have done with this, very pretty! Thanks for joining us at Sentimental Sundays!!

Cheryl said...

Beautiful design and very creative! Thank you for joining our “Valentines” challenge at Sentimental Sundays .

~Cheryl~