Sunday, 6 February 2011

A Lot More Lovin'

This card was a new departure for me as I normally rely on backing papers for any cards that I create.  The theme at 'The Shabby Tea Room' this week was 'Get Creative' - no backing papers allowed eek!!! The other challenge I am entering the card into is at 'Lets Ink It Up' - no digi stamps allowed!

Knew it was time I opened some of my Stampin' Up cases to get some of those stamps inky.  Tried the large Bella Toile background stamp in Versamark but got stuck then with what else to do.  So I made up a floral frame using a stamp from 'Vintage Vogue' - I think, I can be corrected on this one.  I stuck a black scalloped circle and a white one on top - the white one was embossed with a Sizzix floral embossing folder - I used the debossed side.  Finished off with a flower stamp from Docrafts Oriental stamp set and cut out the letters to spell 'Love'.

The rest of the embellishments were made with the Martha Stewart Doily Lace punch and the scalloped edge in red card was created with a Tonic edger punch - pulled together with black ribbon tied in a bow.  Whew!!

Card Recipe:
  • Kraft card stock is from Papertrey Ink
  • Stamps by Stampin' Up and Docrafts
  • Black pearls and ribbon from stash

6 comments:

Debbie said...

Very pretty design ... see, no DSP isn't that scary!!! So happy you could play along in the Tea Room this week :)

Tammy (LaDiva) said...

This is so elegant!!! Awesome stamping!!! Thanks for sharing at Let's Ink It Up's Romance/Valentines Day challenge!!!

Hugzzz
Tammy xox

Tammy (LaDiva) said...

This is so elegant!!! Awesome stamping!!! Thanks for sharing at Let's Ink It Up's Romance/Valentines Day challenge!!!

Hugzzz
Tammy xox

SuzanneK said...

I agree with Tammy very elegant card. So glad you got your stamps out, fantastic stamping. Thanks for sharing with us at LIIU, hugs x

Shirl said...

Jenny nice to see you entering into our challenge and with such a super duper card, it is so elegant looking. Thanks for sharing with us at Let's Ink It Up.
Hugs Shirley x x

Joanna K (aka Asia K) said...

This is a beautiful romantic creation...;) Thank you for joining us at LIIU! hugs, Joanna x