Saturday, 16 April 2011

Sweet Sketch Wednesday - One for the Boys


Finally a man's card that I am happy with!!  I had to have a major tidy up of my pigsty card room - putting tools away, dies back in their packs, scraps in to a box/recycle bin - so that I could have a space to work in again and also so that I could find things!!!

It's fantastic to have everything sorted (for a day) and time to make some cards, enter a few challenges, post on my sadly neglected blog........

I have actually made two cards for the one challenge over at 'Sweet Sketch Wednesday' and I will post the second card immediately after this one.  At first I thought the sketch was complicated - it turns out that I am just out of practice!!!  Fabulous DT samples for the Sweet Sketch Wednesday challenge #97.

Card Recipe:
  • Brown backing papers from a Prima Marketing paper stack called 'Reflections' purchased only last week from Cottage Crafts Craanford - thanks for picking them up for me Aideen xxx
  • Turquoise backing paper from a pick 'n' mix pack at last year's shopping trip to the NEC in Birmingham.
  • Tree is from a Penny Black clear stamp set called 'Enjoy Life' purchased from J & C Creations
  • Circles cut using Nestabilities Dies
  • Round sentiment stamp was purchased from Lili of the Valley
  • Letters were die-cut using the Sizzix 'Smart Guy' alpha set


7 comments:

mulberry station said...

What a fabulous guy card. I love your colors and great image. Thanks for sharing your card with us this week at SSW.
Nancy SSW=DT

Kathie said...

Hi Jenny, great masculine card with a great image and colours. Mens cards aren't they easiest to make check the bog out Cards for Men you could enter you card in there as well. I see you're from Wexford my husband is from County Wicklow and has been living in New Zealand now for 14 years. I bet your looking forward to summer now?
Thanks so much for sharing your card with us at Sweet Sketch Wednesday and good luck.
Hugs
Kathie SSW-Design Team

Arlana said...

Oh what a sweet man card. Loving your paper and color combo. Arlana@SSW!!!

sweetbloominscraps said...

What a great guys birthday card! Fabulous job on the sketch! Thanks for joining us at SSW!
Judi SSW DT

Sharon Basel said...

Hi Jenny!
I got a chuckle out of your story on tidying the craft room - exactly what I need to do right now since I'm working in only a one foot square space now in my pigsty! Wonderful man card - love the texture and the combination of colors and papers you've chosen. The tree is a super image and looks so powerful just how you've incorporated it. Thanks so much for sharing your creativity with us at Sweet Sketch Wednesday! I hope you join us again.
Sharon, SSW-DT

Deanne @ Three Trees said...

Such a great masculine card! Love the papers and colors! Thanks so much for playing at Sweet Sketch Wednesday.

Deanne :)

Jacki Randolph said...

Oh what a great card for a Male! Gorgeos image and your colors are perfect. Thanks so much for joining with us at Sweet Sketch Wednesday.