Thursday, 12 May 2011

PaperPlay Challenges - Celebrating Summer



This card is for this week's PaperPlay challenge - Celebrate Summer.  I played it safe with the layout on this card because the colours are FAB!!!  Originally, I had gone over the top with too many butterflies - I removed them before I took the photo above - so I am much happier with how the card turned out. 

I am celebrating summer this evening from 5pm because I'm on hols for 25 days - yippee!!!!  There is a gang of us from work going out for a meal tonight to celebrate 3 milestone birthdays, me 40, two other girls 30.  We start at morning break with chocolate cake from a local bakery to get us in the mood. 

I have 6 cards left to make and 2 more projects using my Bind-It-All machine before I can think of packing bags for my hols and cleaning the house. Phew!

Card Recipe and links: (After the chocolate cake break)
  • Backing paper is from a Docrafts paper pad I bought last year and never used until this year ( I'm afraid of using yellows and oranges on cards  - trying to change all this)
  • Image by Meljen's Designs
  • Letters spelling S-U-M-M-E-R were cut using a new Tim Holtz alpha die by Sizzix called 'Vintage Market'
 

2 comments:

Deirdre said...

Jenny - love your card - thanks for guesting with Paperplay. Hope you are enjoying yourself.

Ren-Yi said...

very adorable. i love your coloring and how summery this scne looks. fabulous creation, Jenny