Monday, 30 January 2012

It's Pretty Pink

I had the most fun stamping by the fire on Saturday evening.  My go-to challenge after work on Saturday is the Waltzingmouse Sketch Challenge even though I don't enter it.  I have no excuse because I now have a few of Claire's stamp sets to my name.

I am always so impressed by the DT's samples each week and this week was no different.  I chose to follow in the steps of Kelly Schirmer and create my own designer paper using tiny Waltzingmouse stamps.


I just 'went' for it.  I started by distressing the edge of a white square of card with Aged Mahogany Distress Ink.  I was a bit heavy-handed first time around so I flipped the card blank over and this was my 'barely distressed' effort.  Wow Aged Mahogany hardly needs to touch the card to colour it - this was the effect I got around the edge with a very dry sponge!  

I used a tiny 'berry' 'dot' from the WM Festive Foliage set - first time this little 'dot' was inked.  I used a strong pink from a Color Box Chalk ink stack stamped it with the fresh coat of ink and stamped it again before i re-inked it the next time around.   (If I had time I would have loved to have added Glossy Accents to the 'polka dots' not covered by the topper for an extra effect.  Instead I went on to make some more designer sheets in different colourways.)  The next tiny stamp I used was the one you see stamped in black - from the WM You're Lovely set.  And lastly, the tiny trio of stars that I used is from the WM Christmas Cottage set.

To finish off I kinda followed the sketch with a top scalloped border cut with a Martha Stewart Punch,  tied some chiffon ribbon round the top and added a topper stamped from the WM You're Lovely set again.  Sentiment to be added later - this card is for my crafty stash.

Card Recipe:
  • Scalloped square card base from stash
  • Background card created using Distress Ink and WM stamps
  • Ribbon from Meiflower

 

6 comments:

Dotty Jo said...

This is lovely Jenny - love your own make design paper, so pretty! Jo x

Kelly S. said...

ACK, JENNY! I love your patterned paper with the dress form! So cool how you distressed the edges then used those pops of color with your small images. The fluffy pink ribbon is perfect for this girly girl kind of card :) SO glad you joined the WMSC this week...come again very soon!!

Teresa Kline said...

this is precious...I luv the background stamping and the colors makes my heart skip a beat..teehehehe.....thanks for joining us at Waltzingmouse..have a wonderful day!

enjoy *~*

Super Jen said...

Nice take on the sketch. Pretty colors.

Jen Cuthbertson said...

I love your designer paper and the colors you chose are so pretty! That bow is a super touch, too! Thanks for joining us at WMSC this week!

Deborah Frings said...

Love the way you've made your background paper, the bow is fab and I just love this dress form!