Monday, 30 January 2012

Keeping it Simple

Get on over to Mojo Monday.  Sketch no 226 is a real keeper.  I had my square card made so quickly that I now want to try a round version (or maybe make a round topper to have for another card).

My card doesn't have a sentiment and please believe me that 'in person' it doesn't need one.  It is one for my stash to send a 'thinking of you' message inside.  The brown glitter really sparkles - even thought it looks so dull in the photo.


I have had this little birdie image stamped and glittered for years and sitting in front of me for inspiration with two of his brothers with turquoise and brown dots.  I will have to search for the stamp set again and do a repeat.  I am not usually a 'pastels' fan but I will hold on to this card for as long as possible - yum!

Card Recipe:
  • Scalloped card blank from stash
  • Designer paper on top is from a Forever Friends Black & Gold stack
  • Beige & white swirls paper was purchased at a pick 'n' mix paper stand at a craft fair
  • Bird stamp I have since 2008 - picked up in Walmart possibly - not 100 percent on that one
  • Ribbon from stash

 

1 comment:

Janet said...

Georgeous card, love the pastel colours
http://janetscraftycreations.blogspot.com/2012/01/wedding-anniversary.html