Saturday, 16 June 2012

Feel Better Soon

It's been ages since I have entered a Waltzingmouse Sketch challenge and I am loving this week's sketch.  You will find the challenge here WMSC102.


I am in the middle of revamping my crafty space and am working out of two rooms in the process - not recommending this ever!  I can't find anything (not that I am a tidy person to begin with)!!!  But instead of opening storage boxes I am turning to my scraps and dies which is no bad thing for a crafter.

My card is so much cuter in person, soothing.....with a pop of colour. Very quick to assemble and it's a card easy to reproduce for any occasion by just changing the sentiments.

Check out The Paper Shelter challenge blog - they are having an 'Anything Goes' challenge this week - I am entering this card for their challenge too. And Cute Card Thursday's theme is 'Punch Drunk' - hope my PTI dies count!  Not forgetting either - the Moving Along with the Times challenge 'Lets Get Krafty'.  I use my Kraft card very sparingly as it is difficult to get where I live.


Card Recipe:
  • Embossed card base from the latest Docrafts 'goody bag'.  I bought mine at my local craft shop, Cottage Crafts, Craanford
  • Dotty scalloped shape is from the same 'goody bag' 
  • Sentiments are from the 'Frame It' set by Waltzingmouse Stamps
  • Two-layer flower and banners were cut using Papertrey Ink dies
  • Ribbon & paper rose from stash

 

16 comments:

Rebecca Deeprose said...

Very pretty card Jennie! Love the edge of the curve~ such a pretty shape to it and the touches of pink!

Lynn Mercurio said...

A truly lovely get well card...sure to make the recipient feel better. Your embossed background is such a lovely touch. Thank you for taking part in this week's Waltzingmouse Stamps Sketch Challenge!

Skye said...

A very pretty card. Your colour combination is lovely, a good choice for a get well card.

Deborah Frings said...

I like it, and the pop of colour is super. Hope you get your rooms sorted soon!

Jeanne J said...

Very pretty! The embossed background is so elegant. Love the polka dot pattern on the scalloped portion with the double cut die!

DesignerDiva said...

This is so pretty and it would certainly cheer me up!
Thanks for playing along at MAWTT this week and good luck with the challenge
Hugs Laurie xx

Teresa Kline said...

wow, this is gorgeous...I luv the flower...so glad you played along with us at WM...have a great week!

enjoy *~*

Judith said...

This is so pretty and love the shapes - thanks for playing at MTTC this week hugs Judith x

heidy said...

Such a beautiful card Jenny,thanks for joining CCT this week!
Hugs Heidy

Sue Ann said...

Beautiful card and will certainly make someone feel all warm and fuzzy. And to make you feel better, I am not moving anything and still cannot anything ~ looks like a bomb went off on my desk and the odd thing is that if everything in our house is not put away I get all freaky LOL

Kelly S. said...

Yum, that cream, chocolate, and raspberry combination is utterly delicious! Such a sweet combination of sentiments and that scalloped detail is so charming. Thanks so much for playing along with the WMSC this week!

Julia Aston said...

What a lovely get well card - pretty pop of color with the pink ribbons! thanks for playing with the WMS sketch this week!

Mau xx said...

What a pretty card, Love the design and your colours are lovely.
Thanks for sharing with MAWTT
Hugs mau xx

Bente said...

Wonderful card, thanks for joining us at The Paper Shelter challenges this week.
Hugs, Bente

Vickie Z said...

Love the border, polka dots, kraft and white with a pop of pink.. Lovely!

Jen Cuthbertson said...

I love that dotty background behind the flowers with the banners! Great job!