Friday, 17 August 2012

Ready for a Sentiment

Playing with all new purchases......love it!  You have to treat yourself while on holidays....right???  Well, I did!!  Any holiday we go by car usually means I have planned a craft shop visit...haha...don't tell hubby! 

Hubby and I were on holidays in  Northern Ireland last week for sightseeing and retail therapy of the outlet shopping kind, we had glorious weather, one of the best weeks of the year weather-wise I'd say.  We were so lucky.  So I usually have checked out Google Maps for the route and mentally taking note where I need us to take a detour ('honey, I think we should go this way, it's better' and 'can I just run in here for half an hour please?')....it works for us (me)!

Hello to the ladies in Forget-Me-Not Papercrafts in Belfast City,  I picked up some kraft cards and envelopes and 2 gorgeous DCWV paperstacks 'Mariposa' and 'Linen Closet' I was so lucky they were just being packed and had come in on special offer.  I nabbed some other bargains there too.  I used the kraft cards and 'Mariposa' papers on these cards:


When I came home, I got a phonecall from my local craft shop, Cottage Crafts, Craanford, to say that an order I had placed for Memory Box dies had come in for me and they are beautiful.  I used the 'Tropical Leaf' on both of the cards pictured above.  Then before I officially went back to work I placed an order with The Ribbon Girl for mainly felt, resin flowers (these are gorgeous) and button twine (of which I should have ordered double or triple the amount (it's fab too).  I made the flower buds on the cards with the felt and a Marianne die to make a rolled up flower. 


The rolled up flower looks and feels like velvet - I am so impressed with the felt and it only took a very small square to make it.

I am entering the cards into the following challenges:
Make It Monday: Anything Goes 
Little Red Wagon: Any Animal (I'm interpreting this as 'creature' I have butterflies on my cards)
The Paper Shelter: CAS (My card looks busy but it's only a sheet of DP, 3 flowers, a leaf and twine)

 

6 comments:

Ribbon Girl said...

Hello Jenny - gorgeous cards and beautiful flowers! Mary G x

KraftyKoolKat said...

This is awesome Jenny. I adore those flowers. I like your little story about your cunning holiday tours as well. I saw you over at MIM this week.

Hugs
Cathy
xxxxxx

Rene said...

How pretty! Thank you so much for joining us at MIM!
Rene :D

JanR said...

Hmmm...not sure if I'd consider a butterfly an animal....still they are pretty cards. Greetings from Little Red Wagon.

Nannieflash said...

A gorgeous card, love yourThanks for joining us at TPS, good luck with the challenge. hugs Shirleyxxxx design.

Marcea said...

A really beautiful clean & simple project with such lovely details. Thanks for joining us at The Paper Shelter this week.
I have some candy on my blog if you get chance please check it out xxx