Monday, 17 September 2012

First Christmas Card for 2012


My apologies for the poor photo - I took the photo on the run - I'm off out for a walk while the sun is shining.  I followed the sketch over at Sassy Cheryl's challenge blog and used a pre-coloured Sassy Cheryl's image on the card. 


To me, the black & white inked sentiment just doesn't look quite right so the next time I make this card I will get out my gold embossing powder....at least it will blend with the overall colour scheme.

I am entering the card into the following challenges:
Sassy Chery's - Sketch
Make It Monday - Anything Goes

Card Recipe:
  • White card base and gold card from stash
  • Both designer papers used are from a tiny Dovecraft paperpad called 'Noel'
  • Gold organza ribbon from Meiflower
  • Pre-coloured digi-image purchased from Sassy Cheryl's store

 

9 comments:

Loz said...

Fantastic card and colours . I spotted this on Make-it-Monday..Loz

Faye's Paper Passion said...

Hello. I saw Your Beautiful Christmas card on MIM..faye

Sassy Cheryl said...

Well, considering you were 'on the run'. I think it's PERFECT! Love, love, love the coloring. Super gorgeous!
Thanks for playing in the Sketch challenge this week at Sassy Cheryl's.

Ann English said...

Just wonderful! Love this creation!
Thank you for joining us this week for the Sassy Cheryl's challenge!

Desire Fourie said...

Gorgeously creative. Loving the colours and design. Saw this on MIM and had to come over for a closer look. Hugs Desire {Doing Life - my personal blog} {Digistamps4Joy DT Member} {Tammys Scrapin Corner DT Member} {Lady Anne's Paper Crafts DT Member}

Sandy said...

It's a gorgeous image and your papers co-ordinate well with the little girl. Thanks for linking your creation up to MIM this week.
Remember, to be in the running to win the prize from our sponsor this week just leave a comment for another entry. Be sure to mention you saw them on Make It Monday. The more entries you comment on the more chances you have of winning!
Hugs,
Sandy

Pat K said...

Lovely Christmas card. So glad I came in for a closer look on MIM. Going over to Sassy Cheryl's next to have a look see there. hugs,xx

Cheryl said...

Gorgeous Christmas card! I saw your card on MIM and had to drop by for a closer look. I'm numbers 109 & 237.

--Cheryl--

Stop by my blog to check out my {Belated} Birthday Blog Candy!

Julia said...

I spotted your wonderful creation over at Make it Monday and had to visit and take a closer look. TFS!
My entries are # 74, # 78, # 224 and # 231.
I would love to have you visit my blogs: Paper and Scraps Creations by Julia and Me and Myself on the Dark…
Hugs,
Julia