Sunday, 11 August 2013

An Early Christmas Card

I am hoping to make all my own Christmas cards for this Christmas - I need 50 cards or thereabouts plus the odd one or two special order for the girls in work.  Wishful thinking?  Maybe not, thanks to Pinterest and challenge blogs!


So sorry about the quality of the photo, I uploaded it from my iPhone.  It's an entry for the current 52 (Christmas) Card Throwdown challenge - use Red & Metallic Gold.  The base is red cardstock, a mat of gold card, a layer of red and white 'candycane effect' designer paper all tied up with red chiffon ribbon.  Papertrey Ink dies & stamps complete the card.

Card Recipe:
  • Red & gold cardstock from stash
  • Red chiffon ribbon purchased from Meiflower
  • Angel die and sentiment stamp purchased from Papertrey Ink


5 comments:

Deborah Frings said...

I like the red stripe paper, the lovely golden angel and the fabulous ribbon. Thanks so much for playing along with 52CCT this week!

Mynnette said...

This is such a beautiful card! LOVE the fabulous bow and the angel silhouette! Thanks for joining us at 52CCT! :)

Patricia H. said...

The festive bow is terrific! Thanks for sharing your card with us at 52{C}CT.

Danielle Vincent said...

So glad that you've joined us this week at 52CCT. If you keep joining in each week you could have a good sized stack by December (not quite 50 of course - but a great start). I love your angel and the striped background.

sarahstone said...

I love your angel and that beautiful ribbon! Thanks for playing at 52CCT this week.

Sarah